Planet Ark's National Recycling Week (10th -14th November 2014) is the annual opportunity for councils, workplaces, schools and individuals to brush up on their knowledge and become successful recyclers.
Australians are willing recyclers with 91% of us agreeing that it is the right thing to do. However, as the recycling sector keeps developing there is still some confusion about what can and can't be recycled. More than one in two Australians wrongly think aerosol cans can't go in their kerbside recycling bin and 24% sometimes put their recycling in a plastic bag.
This year's theme Seven Secrets of Successful Recyclers is designed to lift the lid on the actions and habits that make a successful recycler. National Recycling Week will look at some of the key questions that cause confusion: what can go in the home recycling bin; what should be left out; how to recycle effectively at work; what to do if there's no public place recycling bin; and, what's the problem with plastic bags?
There are lots of ways to get involved in National Recycling Week:
- Schools - Take the Packaging Covenant Schools Recycle Right Challenge
- Councils - Use the many education, PR and Activity Guides we've developed
- Workplaces - Host a Friday File Fling
- Households - Find out the truth about aerosols, plastic bags, Pringles tubes and more.
National Recycling Week 2015 was made possible thanks to:
- Major Sponsor: Australian Packaging Covenant
- Associate Sponsors: Unilever, Bingo and 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark'
- Supporting Sponsors: Australian Paper, MobileMuster, and Officeworks